[Replicant] Which smartphones comes without baseband processors?

David Hedlund public at beloved.name
Fri May 6 12:17:27 UTC 2016

For now we know that even "single core" mostly comes with 2 processors:
* a baseband processor (BPP, aka modem processor) that is used for GSM network
* a application processor (main processor)

Question 1: Tiberiu-Cezar from Tehnoetic (tehnoetic.com) just informed me that Replicant developer PaulK is working on a free bootloader for LG Optimus Black (P970). Is this smartphone equipped without baseband processor?

Question 2: Have anyone yet made a list of smartphones without baseband processors that can be used as candidates Replicant?