[Replicant] Which smartphones comes without baseband processors?

Paul Kocialkowski paulk at replicant.us
Tue May 10 16:55:24 UTC 2016

Hi,

Le samedi 07 mai 2016 à 18:43 +0200, David Hedlund a écrit :
> Thank you for your answer Paul.
>
> I'm completely new the research field of free smartphones. Can you
> please rewrite and/or improve this check list for good candidates:
>
> * Baseband processor integrated in the same chip or into separate chips

The former is not a good idea at all! See https://www.replicant.us/freedom-priva
cy-security-issues.php

Also, note that this is about privacy/security, not software freedom.

> * Baseband processor isolated from
> ** GPS
> ** RAM
> ** user I/O
> ** storage
> ** camera
> ** microphone

It's best if it's isolated from any storage and I/O controller, really.
Depending on the device, there may be more or less of them.

--
Paul Kocialkowski, Replicant developer

Replicant is a fully free Android distribution running on several
devices, a free software mobile operating system putting the emphasis on
freedom and privacy/security.

Website: https://www.replicant.us/
Blog: https://blog.replicant.us/
Wiki/tracker/forums: https://redmine.replicant.us/