[Replicant] Qualcomm

Li Randy lxr1234 at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 31 03:38:27 UTC 2016

從我的 iPad 傳送
I have touched with msm8660 before, the answer may not update.

> Josh Branning <lovell.joshyyy at gmail.com> 於 2016年8月27日 上午5:15 寫道:
>
> Hi,
>
> A while back, someone on IRC (can't remember who, but I would credit them if I remembered) showed me this:
>
> https://source.codeaurora.org/
>
> (namely msm and lk)
>
> The kernel component of a graphics driver, freedreno has been mainlined for qualcomm chips, but I've been told that Qualcomm GPUs can spy on the CPU.
>
> So my questions are:
>
> 1) Would the GPU be able to spy on the CPU if it was used with freedreno instead?
> 2) Risky though it may be: If I had a Qualcomm device with a locked bootloader, would I be able to flash a new bootloader (little kernel), thereby bypassing the restrictions?
It could be. I have ever unlock my htc phone making it possible to load the 3rd part boot loader, and flash the boot loader partition in mmc. But it would be a hard time to write a boot loader for it without the help of jtag. It is also not easy to use JTAG for most platforms.
I would suggest that just package you kernel into the propriety boot loader request format for testing, I think it would be android format.
> 3) Is it worth re-evalutating these devices for replicant?
If you device is a mobile. I really think it is a very very tuff time. I unpack my mobile recently, but I can't find a uart point in it.
But it really useful to learn basic of Linux. Before I use the Samsung platform, the GNUtoo really use the msm to teach me the basic of Linux embedded system.