[Replicant] Support for Tehnoetic's USB Wifi Dongle in Replicant 6.0

Kurtis Hanna kurtis at riseup.net
Sun Jan 15 12:51:00 UTC 2017

Here's some background reading:

****

http://redmine.replicant.us/boards/9/topics/10059?r=12519#message-12519

https://wiki.tehnoetic.com/doku.php?id=tehnoetic_wifi_replicant#tehnoetic_wifi_patches

http://lists.osuosl.org/pipermail/replicant/Week-of-Mon-20161121/001134.html

http://lists.osuosl.org/pipermail/replicant/Week-of-Mon-20161128/001139.html

http://redmine.replicant.us/boards/33/topics/11763

> We recommend purchasing the FSF-endorsed Tehnoetic N150 Wi-Fi adapter
> and use it with an OTG cable for your Tehnoetic S2 phone, because
> soon it will  be supported by default in Replicant.

https://tehnoetic.com/tehnoetic-s2-phone-replicant

Fil:
> I'm developing a front-end for wifi on Replicant. Need help with SDK

http://redmine.replicant.us/boards/21/topics/13931

****

I would personally love to see Tehnoetic's awesome addition added to
Replicant 6.0. My s3 phone got stolen a few weeks ago and haven't found
a replacement yet, so I'm sorry that I can't contribute by testing right
now. A ton of work has been done on Replicant 6.0 though on the i9100
and i9300 and it might see a beta release sooner rather than later.

So, what are the blockers to adding this feature? Does more development
need to be done? Or do we need some organized testing of different
builds? Who all is down for some alpha testing of the feature and what
phones do you have?

Can we use this email thread to organize the progress on this? If you
think that the issues, forum or wiki is a better place to have this
discussion, reply to this thread if move the discussion, or parts of it,
over to one of those.

If you need to buy a compatable external wifi adapter to try this out
you can buy one here:
https://tehnoetic.com/tehnoetic-wireless-adapter-gnu-linux-libre-tet-n150
ThinkPenguin has one too last time I checked.

In Solidarity,
Kurtis
FreeKurt.com