[Replicant] Wifi GUI coming soon

Fil fil.bergamo at riseup.net
Mon Feb 20 20:29:37 UTC 2017

Hi,

a quick update, just to inform everyone that I finally decided to go the
hard way, and actually started developing the graphical app for the use
of libre wifi on Replicant.
I successfully installed Replicant's SDK.
I just had some issues with the ADT package linked in the wiki (version
20).
Eclipse was complaining that ADT's version was too old to be used with
API 17 (which is the one Replicant's SDK targets).
So I just downloaded ADT version 21.1.0, manually substituting the
version number in the link provided in the wiki.

If anyone with wiki access is reading this, I suggest updating the link
to google's ADT package from version 20.0.0 to version 21.1.0.

Now the whole thing works enough to let me do the job without much
pain.. Only the WYSIWYG editor doesn't seem to be working at all.
So I decided to give up on comfort a little bit, and started designing
the GUI with plain XML. Not very funny, but it works.

Right now I have a usable front-end, with clickable buttons to scan and
connect to networks. I just need to work a little more on the engine to
solve some issues.

I hope I will be able to release an alpha version of the app in 10-15
days.
It will support both Replicant 4.2 and 6.0, automatically detecting the
build version on which it's running.

Stay tuned and, as always, Happy Hacking to everyone!

Fil