[Replicant] Replicant 6.0 for the Note 2

Fil fil.bergamo at riseup.net
Tue Mar 7 23:05:00 UTC 2017

Hi Michael,

> Hi Wolfgang,
> if I use the the scripts ( git clone
> https://git.replicant.us/replicant/user-scripts ) I get  the error:
>
> rstr.sh: line 19: /data/misc/wifi/setup_variables.sh: No such file or directory
> because the scripts are  installed in /data/misc/wifi/device-files and
> not in /data/misc/wifi/.

Seems like the "setup.sh" script is working a bit differently on
different adb versions..
To move the scripts in the right place, connect your device to the host
computer, and just do "adb shell
mv /data/misc/wifi/device-files/* /data/misc/wifi/".

I didn't have the chance to actually test that instruction, but it
should work.

> If I use the RepWifiApp.apk  App the result is  "No network found".

As a first hypothesis, either the dongle isn't connected well enough, or
there actually isn't any network within reach. Are you running Replicant
6.0?

> How could I check if the wifi dongle works?
>
> with the ip a  command I could see the wlan0 interface if the otg
> cabel and the wifi dongle are connected.
Running "ip link" on the device should output a list of interfaces. If a
"wlan0" interface is in that list, then the dongle should be fine..
I will need to enable some debug logging in the app, to let you test it
and post log traces back.. Please, be patient.. I just need a couple of
days to do so. I'll tell you when logging is enabled, so that we can do
further testing together.
For now, thank you for giving it a try. Don't lose your faith, I'm
confident we can find out the cause and solve it!

> best regards
>

> Michael

Happy hacking!

Fil