[Replicant] Replicant 6.0 for the Note 2

Fil fil.bergamo at riseup.net
Thu Mar 9 20:29:01 UTC 2017

Il giorno gio, 09/03/2017 alle 09.13 +0000, Kurtis Hanna ha scritto:

> From what I can tell, we are trying to interact with this this code from
> UpdateService.getNetworkState
> https://gitlab.com/fdroid/fdroidclient/blob/master/app/src/main/java/org/fdroid/fdroid/UpdateService.java#L298

Thanks for pointing out..
I just had a quick glance at the code..
Indeed, it would be enough to "comment out" lines 350-357.. but the
F-Droid team would have to do that, and release the change.

> Perhaps someone else can help decipher if this is a problem on our side
> or on F-Droid's side based on this.
It isn't actually a problem.. as I said, the choice to enforce
connectivity check lays on the F-Droid's side. And it is a rather
sensible thing to do.. On our side, though, we're missing some way to
inform the android environment that we actually established a wifi
connection. The result is that the environment is not reporting the
connection when f-droid asks for the status.

All in all, I'm quite confident we can find a way to solve the issue.
Personally, I'm researching on that, and as soon as I have a little more
time, I'm sure something more concrete will come out..

Stay tuned!
Fil