[Replicant] No mobile network suddenly

s at mnoble.net s at mnoble.net
Sat Apr 15 19:30:58 UTC 2017

On Sat, Apr 15, 2017 at 01:22:07PM -0600, s at mnoble.net wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 15, 2017 at 09:09:30PM +0200, Tomas Nordin wrote:
> > Using osmonitor, enabling "expert mode", I see no process rild. Is that saying something?
>
> I don't think so, I haven't been using replicant 4 on the 9300 for a
> while, but I think it's normal to not see it there, though as I poke at
> it now on replicant 6, I think I mispoke in the last email, it's not
> "Phone" but rather "Phone Services" (maybe?)
> But I doubt any of this is going to help with your immediate issue.
> Pretty soon you'll be at the stage where you need to verify it's not
> hardware, trying other roms and sim cards. :(

Oh wait, looks like with root and expert mode it does show
/system/bin/rild though after I looked at it for a few seconds it
switches the name to Phone Services until you click for details.
Confusingly there's another Phone Services whose details say
com.android.phone so I guess it takes looking carefully to be sure
you're getting what you're looking for. Probably easier to use ps at the
commandline.

But yeah maybe if rild is not running at all, that would cause your issues.

--
sam