[Replicant] bluetooth dongle CSR8510

Wolfgang Wiedmeyer wreg at wiedmeyer.de
Fri Jun 9 15:33:41 UTC 2017

Hi,

Michael Bohn writes:

> Hi all
> how could I use my CSR8510 bluetooth dongle on my samsung note 2 (
> replicant 6.0 )

Looks like this one needs the HCI USB driver. This driver is not enabled
for the Note 2. Technoethical[1] and Olimex[2] mention that at least
kernel version 3.11 is necessary. The Note 2 uses a kernel based on the
Linux 3.0 kernel, so a backport may be needed.

Even if everything would work on the kernel side, you will likely not be
able to just use it. I'm not familiar with the hardware abstraction
layer (HAL) for Bluetooth or if there are some tricks that allow to
configure the dongle without having a working HAL, like it was done for
the Wi-Fi dongles, so I can't give you specifics there.

Best regards,
Wolfgang