[Replicant] SAMSUNG GALAXY XCOVER 3

Wolfgang Wiedmeyer wreg at wiedmeyer.de
Mon Aug 28 20:21:13 UTC 2017

Alexis Sampaio Kokorelis writes:

> Hi, Good evening

Hi,

> I would like to know if the device from Samsung  model galaxy xcover 3 is suported by your project, is a later waterproof model of the s3 generation.

Unfortunately, its hardware is very different to the S3 and it's not
supported. I did a quick search and I didn't find any port of
CyanogenMod or similar ROMs to it, so it's a black box in terms of
estimating possible Replicant support. The hardware is actually
interesting because it has a Vivante GPU. But I don't know if the GPU is
supported by the free Etnaviv driver. I may be too recent.

> thank you, for your time answering this question.
> and anything that i can do to help the project i would be glad to help, however i have litle programing knowledge

Have a look at the tasks[1]. You don't need to know much at the
start. Willingness to learn along the way is a lot more important. The
developer guide[2] gives some insights.

Best regards,
Wolfgang

[1]  https://redmine.replicant.us/projects/replicant/wiki/Tasks