[Replicant] Fdroid 1.0.1 with privileged extension causes crashes

Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli GNUtoo at no-log.org
Sun Nov 26 23:36:41 UTC 2017

On Thu, 16 Nov 2017 18:47:37 +0100
Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli <GNUtoo at no-log.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> This bug is pretty serious, I don't understand how, but I was able to
> boot my i9300 somehow. Since I use it daily, I've done the tests below
> with an i9305.
On my i9300 I've found a workaround by uninstalling some applications.
Since I use my i9300 as main phone, it's complicated to find the time
where I can work on this.

Though I still have a dump of the non-working installation so I may be
able to just to do a bisection on the list of installed applications
that I removed to make it work, to find the application that caused it.
I could also try to reproduce it on my i9305 which would be best.

[...]
> The device is stuck at boot, however since I'm using -eng builds I
> have logs and I can adb in it.
>
> Here are the last logs in adb logcat -b main:
[...]
This was due to a corrupted RADIO partition. Removing it from fstab
fixed the booting.

Denis.