[Replicant] cellular data

Fil fil.bergamo at riseup.net
Wed Dec 27 23:37:15 UTC 2017

On 12/25/2017 10:50 PM, Mason Hock wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have just installed Replicant on a I9100. It detects my SIM card, and
> I can send an receive texts and calls. However, I am having trouble with
> cellular data. Under 'Data usage' I have 'Cellular data' enabled, but I
> am not connected to the Internet. Why might this be?

Hi,

Try looking into the APN configuration under [settings->wireless &
networks->more->mobile networks->access point names]
You need to specify a valid APN configuration using the parameters that
your telephony provider gives.
Usually, you can find those parameter by searching the web for something
like "APN configuration [your mobile carrier name]"

Cheers,

Fil