[Replicant] Free software driver for MALI GPUs?

Josh Branning lovell.joshyyy at gmail.com
Sun Feb 25 21:20:18 UTC 2018

There is a linux driver that is under a different license

https://github.com/yuq/linux-lima

This is the one stated on the sunxi wiki.

As for mesa-lima, I don't know. If FAR 52.227-14 and DFAR252.227-7013
are licenses then on the face of things they look very long and
complicated. At the bottom, it notes that there may be export
restrictions "as stated in the Software License agreement" which hints
to there being even more legal stuff. I don't want to jump to
conclusions, but I wouldn't be surprised if this software was non-free.
It looks as if AMD own the rights, maybe someone could politely ask
them, as it may be more complete than linux-lima (idk).

What I do know is that it would be nice having a free, fully-functioning
Mali 3D graphics driver, as I own a few Mali devices myself.

Josh