[Replicant] Galaxy Note II Camera (Fil)

Fil fil.bergamo at riseup.net
Mon Mar 19 19:38:16 UTC 2018

On 19/03/2018 16:06, Isocrates wrote:
> I tried your instructions, but they did not work. I tried force
> stopping the Camera (com.android.camera), after clearing the data, but
> that also did not work. The same error appears.

I'm sorry it didn't work. So it seems the problem could be unrelated to
the camera settings..
> Let me know what else I could try.

The only other thing that comes to my mind is trying both "Clear Data"
and "Clear Cache", under the same menu.
Other than that, the only viable workaround - I guess - is a full
factory reset or a new fresh install of Replicant itself.

If none of the steps above work, then the problem could lay anywhere,
including a faulty camera hardware..
Some information could be retrieved by looking at the logs.
If you feel like, please do the following:

1) Connect the phone to a host computer
2) type "adb logcat | grep camera > /path/to/file"
3) follow the instructions on the dedicated wiki page[1] to share your logs

The camera logs shouldn't reveal any sensitive personal information, but
please, ensure you have a look at the log file *before* sharing it, to
check for any personal information that might be leaked by the log, and
clear it before sharing.

Please keep us updated on the issue.

Happy hacking,

Fil