[Replicant] can Replicant run on Infrared-models (GT-P5113, GT-P3113, even GT-N5113 if they made one)

Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli GNUtoo at no-log.org
Sun May 6 09:39:40 UTC 2018

On Thu, 3 May 2018 14:10:24 -0600
Chadvellacott <chadvellacott at sasktel.net> wrote:

>     Would that development mean that the affected devices can run
> without a closed-source non-libre boot-loader?  That'd be good.
The bootloader of theses devices are split in several parts, and as I
understand the first part which is signed (and nonfree) is still
required.

However as I understand it would mean that:
- We could get rid of the nonfree OS that runs in TrustZone
- We could get more control of the boot process (like for instance
  support more features, re-partition the filesystem, etc).

Denis.