[Replicant] steps to follow BEFORE installation

Fil Lupin fillupin at protonmail.com
Thu May 31 21:37:31 UTC 2018

Hi,
sorry if my question already has an answer in the mailing archive, I did not finish to read all the archive, and I did not find any answer on the website.

Before installation of Replicant, some steps can be followed to better prepare installation:

- save data :

- pictures
- music
- MMS (with attached parts)/SMS (some answers available for iPhone at https://redmine.replicant.us/boards/21/topics/9543 and for android at https://redmine.replicant.us/boards/9/topics/14315?r=14707)
- other files

- save ROM, especially critic parts (EFS, including MAC address and IMEI)

It could be interesting to give some tips, precisions, howto, links to doc, etc. to help newcomers to prepare installation through these steps.
If this is already available, please let me know where I could find this.
If not, do you see any other things?

Thank you.

- Fil Lupin.