[Replicant] SIM not recognized in Galaxy Note II

Fil fil.bergamo at riseup.net
Thu Oct 18 22:06:21 UTC 2018

On 10/18/2018 11:20 AM, Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli wrote:
>> #1st option (preferable):
> This is preferable for me too.

Great, then..

> One of the bugs[2] has extensive logs. I took the time to look at it in
> more detail today.
>
> I also tested my SIM cards and found 2 that weren't working on
> Replicant, one of which seem to have a somewhat similar behavior. It's
> a very old SFR sim card:
> - The log seem somewhat similar but I didn't compare them side by side.
> - The SIM card asks for a pin on a i9305 under LineageOS, but doesn't
>   on a Galaxy SII under Replicant.

What I figure myself, is that there are two issues, that chained
together form a single one.
One part has to to with pin entering.
Removing the pin lock from the SIM leads to the second issue, that
manifests itself the following way:
incoming calls and SMS get through and are handled correctly
(seemingly), while outbound connectivity is prevented by something in
the framework (which probably relies on lower level information from the
RIL (?)) [1]

Wolfgang once suggested that the cause may lie in a "SIMRecords"
exception [2]

I'll have a look at some radio logs, have a search around the tree for
those exceptions, and get back to you with some questions soon...

Cheers,

Fil

[1] https://redmine.replicant.us/issues/1783#note-29
[2] https://redmine.replicant.us/issues/1783#note-23