[seagrant-dev] BSG Project Update and Weekly Coordination

Lance Albertson lance at osuosl.org
Tue Jul 29 17:03:02 UTC 2014

On Tue, Jul 29, 2014 at 9:35 AM, Carr, Justin <Justin.Carr at oregonstate.edu>
wrote:

> So far, setting up our Linux environments has been pretty smooth. I think
> the simple act of making that pseudo-script has ironed out some of the pain
> points in getting Sencha and Phonegap set up properly.

​That sounds good.​

> A github community/etiquette question for you: I would like to make this
> script visible and editable for any of our student interns to reference
> quickly but it seems too small and informal for a github repository. Would
> this make sense as a Gist or is it best to keep this kind of stop-gap
> solution out of public view?

​That's a good question. I actually just had our team push the cookbook as
it stood to github [1]. I asked Jordan what we should do and he suggested
we open an issue for it on the cookbook repo and attach the file there. But
if you're wanting to make updates I suggest you do that but make a gist and
reference it in the issue.

That way we can reference the current version when we get to getting this
cookbook ironed out.

[1] ​https://github.com/osuosl-cookbooks/sencha-sdk

--
Lance Albertson