[seagrant-dev] What's Fresh Educational Info Screens

Carr, Justin Justin.Carr at oregonstate.edu
Wed Oct 1 23:00:27 UTC 2014

Mark,

Ken and I are gearing up for this project's second mockup meeting. The plan for this meeting is to give you the chance to see (and test, if possible) the data pipeline starting from the data entry portal for vendor and product data and ending with browsing that vendor and product data on the mobile app. This meeting will be an opportunity for you to help us make adjustments to existing features and help us understand how best to integrate forthcoming features into the app.

What time would you be available to meet with us to take a look at our mockup? We anticipate that this meeting will be of a similar length to our last mockup meeting (~1.5 hours).

On the subject of forthcoming features: Ken's team is currently working on the Educational Information portion of the API for my team to begin incorporating into the current version of the app and we wanted to quickly double-check our understanding of the specifications for this section. My understanding of this portion of the project is summarized in this diagram on google docs<https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4-NO_cRp1G7VWJNY2ZOdV93U2s/edit?usp=sharing>. Please let me know if you cannot open it - it has an unusual format so I may need to convert it for you.

Our questions are:

1.       Does this flow of screens include places for all of the data items you will need?

2.       Do the labels/names for screens/buttons make sense or have I misunderstood how they should work?

3.       When last we touched on this subject, we talked about having only a small number of educational information categories (8 I think?) covering shellfish, bivalves, vertebrate fish, etc, and not individual seafood products. Individual seafood products will be linked to these educational information categories. Is that still true?

4.       Which screens should be able to display videos and images?

Thanks!

Justin Carr
Systems Development Engineer
Oregon State University - CASS: Business Solutions Group