[seagrant-dev] End of What's Fresh Sprint 6 and production deployment

Kennric kennric at osuosl.org
Wed Dec 3 19:36:11 UTC 2014

Welcome to version 1.0!

This thursday marks the end of Sprint 6 and primary development on the
What's Fresh API. We'll be wrapping up documentation and doing more
tests with the mobile application, but basically this means the API is
done and ready to be deployed in production.

Here are our plans:

Documentation

Most of the documentation is done, but there are a few small holes in
deployment and admin docs. The API spec version 1 will become final, and
drafts will be archived. Any changes to the API will require the use of
the 'ext' field, or an API version 2.

Move issues to Github

In order to make the API application more public, we will begin tracking
new bugs, feature requests and enhancements to the GitHub issue tracker
[1]. This will make it a lot easier for users to report issues and ask
for improvements. For work that should be paid for under the contract,
we will track the time in our own tracker, but keep the issues open and
public on Github.

Production Deploy

Next week we would like to deploy the API application to its final
production home, http://whats-fresh-api.osuosl.org. The existing staging
branch will continue to be used for preview, testing, and development,
and we will merge changes from development into the production
application as needed.

I'd like to deploy on Thursday, December 11, if no one has objections
(and of course if any new bugs are discovered we will delay until
everything is fixed).

Let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

Thanks,
Ken

[1] https://github.com/osu-cass/whats-fresh-api/issues