[seagrant-dev] Working Waterfronts API

Evan Tschuy tschuy at osuosl.org
Thu Jan 15 23:16:43 UTC 2015

Hi all,

I'm working on getting the Working Waterfronts API done, and I have
some questions for you all on the mobile side of things, and for the
other OSL developers.

Currently, in the draft API docs, we return a list of the categories a
POI is a part of. Here's the relevant part of the docs:

    categories: [category1, category2, ...]

The categories will have an ID and a name. Should this be changed to
something more like this:

    categories: [{'id': 1, 'name': 'category1'}, {'id': 2, 'name':
'category2'}, ...]

?

Additionally, the hazards are not exposed in the API documentation. At all.

I'm under the impression that they should be exposed much in the same
way categories are above:

    hazards: [{'id': 1, 'name': 'hazard1'}, {'id': 2, 'name': 'hazard2'}, ...]

Thanks for any input any of you might have!

Evan Tschuy / tschuy