[supercell-announce] Future of OSL SuperCell Cluster

Lance Albertson lance at osuosl.org
Fri Jan 5 17:46:38 UTC 2018

All,

The OSL SuperCell cluster started in 2009 as a way to fill a gap in
providing compute resources for projects to assist with their testing.
Since then, there has been an explosion of public services such as Travis
CI which fill much of that gap. In addition, the software the powers
SuperCell (Ganeti) might have a better fit with OpenStack. We've been using
OpenStack internally for a few years and with a powerpc cluster as well and
I think we're almost ready to deploy a cluster version ready for projects
to use.

With that in mind, I'm planning on turning off the current SuperCell
cluster after Feburary 1, 2018. If you wish to continue using the service,
please let me know and I will let you know once the new OpenStack powered
cluster is online for you to use.

Thank you-

--
Lance Albertson